A case was registered and a probe was underway, police mentioned. (Representational)

New Delhi:

Six folks, together with a minor, sustained burn accidents after a cooking fuel cylinder caught hearth at a home in Sanjay Colony in south Delhi’s Bhati Mines space on Wednesday, officers mentioned.

The injured had been rushed to Safdarjung Hospital. Two folks sustained 70 per cent burn accidents, whereas a toddler suffered 20 per cent burn accidents and the remainder had minor burns, a senior police official mentioned.

In line with officers on the Hearth Division, they acquired data relating to the blaze at 11.10 am and two hearth tenders had been rushed to the spot.

The blaze was doused at 12.20 pm, a senior hearth official mentioned.

“Throughout enquiry, it was discovered that an LPG fuel cylinder caught hearth, allegedly due to leakage in pipe, whereas cooking meals and 6 folks of a household received injured,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (south) Atul Kumar Thakur mentioned.

In line with police, the home proprietor — Mansoor — sells snacks in Bhati Mines space. He was getting ready meals gadgets when the incident occurred.

A case was registered and a probe was underway, police added.